Monday, February 1, 2021

MOVE MORE MONDAY- Lessons on the road

Move More short edit for twitter

 It's February First. For me, nowadays that always means the start of American Heart Month. Each year I try to share some facts and tips about heart health and the warning signs of an impending heart incident. This year, I decided to dedicate my activities to the pursuit of moving more, and sharing my experiences of moving more. I used to regularly produce videos for the television stations I worked for, and briefly as part of social media campaigns. It's been a while. Some things are different, others have stayed the same.

I planned to do a quick walk this afternoon, and film it as part of my first Move More Monday. I planned out what I wanted to say, and I practiced it, but not during a full speed walk. I also didn't account for my breathlessness as a result of the temperature. I used to go live on air a pretty good amount, so I am comfortable knowing I only have the one chance to get something correct. However, when given the opportunity, I will always try to do three takes, and just keep the best one. On this afternoon, my first take was not my best, and I had completed almost all of my second take when my camera cut off completely. I went with my not so polished version, because to me it was more important to share my message early, than to spend more time trying to make it better. It's worth a try to put your best foot, or face, forward, as it were, but this time, I'm more concerned with trying to move more. Get up, get out and get at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment